Here’s a run-down of what each type of service offers, so you can decide which one is the best for you.
Our helpline is available Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:30
On the first call the consultant will get your personal details and the details of your debts, income and expenditure to assess your situation. This information is confidential and is never shared without your consent.
After that if you need more advice you can arrange further appointments at a time to suit you.
This is for when:
- You need easy access to debt advice, usually when you might be worried about falling into debt or you’ve missed a payment.
- This is not ideal in emergency situations like court action for debts in arrears.
On the first visit, the consultant will get your personal details and the details of your debts, income and expenditure to assess your situation and advise you accordingly. If you need more assistance, you may need to arrange further appointments.
This is for when:
- You are feeling overwhelmed and need support to deal with creditors.
- You prefer to talk to someone face-to-face
- You need help with setting a budget and working out how much you have left to pay your creditors
- You have a debt emergency where there may be a risk of losing your home, going to court or the sheriff is coming.
There are 2 ways we offer online support:
- E-mail support
Our E-mail support and toolkit offers the same service as the consultant.
At the end of the session you’ll be given the best ways to deal with your debts and an action plan to support you in taking the next steps. This includes things like template letters for writing to your creditors and deadlines for when you need to do things by. If you’re not sure what you need to do you can call the helpline for one-to-one support.
- Online may not be for you if you get a bit flustered about using computers. You may prefer to speak to someone on the phone or face-to-face.
- If you’ve got an emergency debt problem, like court action, we will arrange for a face to face appointment with a local consultant/attorney.
This is for you if:
- You’re not sure about the best way to tackle your debts and you want to find out quickly and anonymously.
- You’re feeling confident about dealing with your debts yourself but could benefit from more information.
We hope that you’ve started a journey with us that could see you becoming debt free. If you haven’t contacted us yet, now’s the time to do it. Don’t let this week go by without discovering the best way to deal with your debt